Terms & Condition
No refunds apply if cancelled within 24 hours. Your reservation must be cancelled by midnight, 24-hours prior to your arrival date.
For example: If your reservation is for check-in Monday 2nd July, the cut off time for contacting the hostel would be Saturday 30th June prior to midnight.
Anytime after that we can charge the first nights accommodation. Also you must cancel via the booking channel you booked through ie. Hosteworld or Booking.com.
Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult unless a prior arrangement has been organized with the hostel manager.
Bookings are at the hostels discretion. Rock Solid Backpackers has the right to decline any bookings for under 18 year old’s unaccompanied by an adult.
ROCK SOLID TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. SECURITY – The Backpacker Group Limited will implement careful procedures, including CCTV cameras around its premises but will take no responsibility for your property. All valuables such as travel documents, keys, credit cards and personal property are the sole responsibility of the individual guest/s.
2. CANCELLATIONS – no refunds apply if cancelled within 24 hours. Your reservation must be cancelled by midnight, 24-hours prior to your arrival date. For example: If your reservation is for check-in Monday 2nd July, the cut off time for contacting the hostel would be Saturday 30th June prior to midnight. Anytime after that we can charge the first nights accommodation. Also you must cancel via the booking channel you booked through ie. Hosteworld or Booking.com. Should you wish to shorten a reservation after arrival the cost of the entire stay may still be payable.
Charges are at the discretion of management.
3. ALCOHOL – please respect that no consumption of alcohol is permitted after 10pm in the rooms or common areas. We will not tolerate drunken behaviour and intoxicated guests will be asked to leave our premises.
4. SMOKING/E-CIGARETTES – are not permitted including in any Backpacker Group Limited property, including in the bedrooms and bathrooms. Rooms are fitted with monitored smoke detectors, which may sound an alarm if any smoke is present. Where smoking has been detected on the premises, an additional charge of $100 will be made to cover the additional cleaning of furnishings, carpets, bed covers etc. Where an alarm or detector is triggered or tampered with an additional charge of $1,000 will be made. You agree to indemnify The Backpacker Group Limited in respect of any such amount claimed.
5. INJURY and HARM – during your stay is at your own risk and you agree that to the fullest extent, permitted by New Zealand law The Backpacker Group Limited may disclaim any or all liability in the event of any injury, harm, loss or death.
6. DAMAGES or THEFT – the person(s) registering as the guest(s) will be liable for any loss or damage to appliances, furniture, keys, fixtures and all fittings of the hostel. The Backpacker Group Limited will not be responsible for, or liable to compensate for the loss, theft or damage of personal property on, or brought into the hostel building. Where guests sign for and on behalf of a business or authority, and in the event that the business or authority is unable to or refuses to pay any amount due, the guest(s) shall be liable to pay on demand any amount owing by the business or authority under this agreement.
7. LAW AND JURISDICTION – you agree that these terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law, and the courts of New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all matters relating to your stay.
8. VISITORS – are only allowed in the reception lounge for a maximum of 2 hours and must leave the hostel by 5pm. Please speak to reception if you wish to allow visitors into the hostel.
9. DISTURBANCE – guests causing a disturbance to other guests or staff will have their reservation terminated without a refund and you may be asked to leave the premises.
10. EXTRA CLEANING CHARGES – a reasonable standard of cleanliness is expected to be maintained in your room.
Excessive mess for example: smoking, spilled alcohol, being sick in rooms that require extra cleaning will incur a cleaning fee of $100 which will be automatically charged to the credit card held on the booking.
11. KEY DEPOSIT – a lost key fee of $20 applies, if these are not returned upon checkout or you have lost them during your stay. We also reserve the right to terminate the reservation for any breaches at any time, without a refund.
12. GROUPS – if the booking is made under your name you are responsible for your group. All Tour Group Leaders must leave their mobile number as a contact, in case of an emergency.
Stayed for one night at the called "premium area" on Level 2 which has been recently renovated. The kitchen was awesome, toilets very clean. The room
We enjoyed our stay. Rock solid is central. Went to the Thursday night food market 1min walk. Rock climbing wall was a added bonus for the children, they have
Thanks for having us. It was such a perfect location and the facilities were ideal for a school group. Thanks again. We will definitely be using you guys
Waiheke High School – September 2020